Squared Circle Magic - Big Matches & Big Surprises

Ok... So, where do I start? That's all I could think about when trying to write this blog. It's my first time writing one, so I didn't want this to end up like many of the firsts in my life. When the opportunity presented itself I thought  "this is going to be easy, I've been watching wrestling almost my whole life, I got this", then it hit me, I might have the topic, but how do I write about wrestling? What do I say? How long should this be a couple of paragraphs or a few pages? And where do I start? So I decided to talk about a few of the big things that have happened from the Smackdown exclusive Hell in the Cell PPV.

The Uso's vs The New Day's Hell in a Cell match was one of the best tag team matches I've seen this year. I'm normally not a big fan of the Big E and Xavier Woods combo, but this time it worked out. I know that these teams have faced off against each other a few times over the past couple of months, but the good thing about their matches is that you can never tell the outcome. Both teams put on a show and one of the best spots happened when Big E and Woods trapped one of the Uso's in the cage with kendo sticks and then the Uso's returned the favor by handcuffing Woods and beating him senseless. For a second it seemed liked Woods and the New Day would mount a comeback, but it just wasn't in the stars. All in all I thought this was an awesome match and even though some of the jokes during the rivalry were a little stale,  I enjoyed it overall.   

Shane vs Kevin Owens is the other match that made the show. I listened to a few podcasts and read a few things talking about how people are upset that Shane is taking a spot from other talent on the roster and how he tries to get himself over. I am here to say I don't care!  Most of the time he puts on a good match and this was a heck of a match against Owens. I am always amazed at how these guys willingly put their bodies on the line to entertain other people. Every step they took on top of that cage made me nervous. Owens and Shane fought on top of the cage for what seemed like forever until Shane managed to get Owens to fall through an announce table midway off of the cell. I thought it was over, and I was kind of bummed, because KO is one of my favorite wrestlers, and to lose like that at Hell in a Cell would be down right awful. To my surprise Shane wasn't done (I mean it is not a PPV with Shane in it that doesn't have a crazy top rope spot) he propped Owens onto another announcers table and claimed to the top of the cell. At this point I had no clue how Owens was going to get out of this one, but I knew the match was still going on for a reason. Shane jumped from the top of the cell and to mine, and everyone else's, surprise Sami Zayn of all people pulled KO away leaving Shane to crash 20 ft onto the table. Not only did he pull him away he placed Kevin's arm on top of Shane's Body for the 1-2-3. I was shocked at the ending, but I think that's what made me like the match the most. I'd just like to be in the same room with two grown ups discussing falling off of a 20 foot cage with straight faces, I think I just want to see it with my own two eyes.

Whoa, I think I wrote a lot more about both those matches than I wanted to so I'll make the rest of this thing short and sweet.

There's been in lot that has gone on this month in the WWE. Enzo is pretty much a one man show on 205 Live. His segments on MNR were golden, it just sucks for him that Neville reportedly walked out, and that he has to share mic time with Kalisto. For now though I am interested in what they are doing with Enzo and I hope they find a way to keep it fun.

I wonder if people the same way that I do and believe that The Miz is one of the best heels WWE has right now. Every time he's on the mic I wonder what ridiculous thing he's going to say next. The build up with The Miz and Roman Reigns (who, unlike most, I don't mind) was going well. You had them facing off for the IC title, and Reigns taking out Miz's entourage before the match started. The Miz and Roman went back and forth, and just when it  looked like Roman was going to pick up the win out comes Sheamus and Cesaro to attack Roman and leave him laying. The end of Raw showed a beaten Roman in the locker room approached by his old buddies from the shield. Was anybody else wondering if they were back there the whole time what stopped them from helping?

The next few weeks the Shield came out like before kicking butt and taking names, and fired shots by saying they could pretty much beat up the entire locker room. After hearing that the Miz talked his way into having a 5 on 3 match at the TLC PPV with Kane and Strowman being his 4th and 5th team members. There was also another story line brewing between Finn Baylor and Bray Wyatt, prettying much pitting their alter egos "The Demon King" and "Sister Abigail" against one another. It seemed like an idea that could either be great, or fall flat on it's face, and with Bray Wyatt you never knew! The segments were cool featuring some cheesy effects to display both Baylor and Wyatt's other forms. It was all setting up to be an interesting PPV, but then the reports came out of an infection going around in the WWE locker room and some of the top superstars would not be able to compete Roman Reigns, and Bray Wyatt being 2 of the biggest names. The WWE however made a few quick changes, and now in place of Reigns, Kurt Angle would be making his return to a WWE ring for the first time in over a decade, and AJ Styles would replace Bray Wyatt. 

After finding out that news I figure that the PPV would be a little bit of a let down, but I watched anyway because I've never seen AJ vs Finn, and I was kind of pumped for the return of Kurt.  Honestly it was just ok. The match between AJ and Finn didn't really have any stakes, so it was hard to really get into it, but most of the match itself was decent. The main event was a little better and had a few spots that were awesome. The crowd was excited that Kurt was back and he put on a heck of a show. From the Shield entrance, to his return after being power slammed through a table, it was cool.

Also surprising was the Miz's team turning on Strowman and Kane putting him inside the garbage truck. I wonder what will happen with that next?  I still wish that we would have gotten to see the actual Shield back together, but i realize that couldn't happen under the circumstances.

The next night on Raw was almost uneventful, Asuka debuted on Raw against Emma (she'll be missed), and there was talk of the up coming Survivor Series where Raw and Smackdown will face off in 2 traditional 10 person tag team matches. Kurt was interrupted by Shane (who is back and healthy for the first time in weeks since falling off the cell) and he tells Kurt that Smackdown will be the winners again. Later that night Kurt comes out to announce his teams when he is interrupted again by Shane, but this time Shane has a bunch of the members of the Smackdown locker room come out to with him, and he tells them to attack the Raw superstars. This made Raw worth watching. The Smackdown superstars beat up almost everyone they crossed paths with and by the end they made Kurt watch. I can't wait to see what MNR does in return, I hope they keep this is fun as they started it. I love a good invasion angle.
I know there's a lot more going on in the WWE. Jindar vs Brock, The Fashion Files, who's going to be the newest member of the Titus brand( we know for sure it isn't Darren Young), Sami and Kevin are true best friends, and much more. So how did i do for my first time? Did I write too much? because I feel like I wrote too much. I just want to Say thanks Chris and Bruce for the opportunity, and I hope everyone enjoyed this. I wish I had an empowering quote to leave you with, or at least something funny. I don't though so.....Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Squared Circle Magic with Rico : Surviving War Games - A Survivor Series & NXT Takeover Recap

The Magic Moving Game Box - The Top 10 List by Matthew

Wizardry of the Table Top - D&D For All